The Common Service Center (CSC) scheme, launched under the Digital India initiative, has been a game-changer in bridging the digital divide and bringing essential services closer to the people in rural and remote areas. In this Post, Guiding about How to Start Common Service Center at Low Investment
How to Start Common Service Center
Starting a Common Service Center (CSC) requires several steps and procedures to be followed. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you start a CSC:
- Eligibility criteria: To become a Village Level Entrepreneur (VLE) and start a CSC, you must meet the eligibility criteria set by the government. The eligibility criteria include age, educational qualification, and basic computer skills.
- Online registration: Once you meet the eligibility criteria, you need to register yourself online on the official CSC portal. The portal is called the CSC Registration System (https://register.csc.gov.in/).
- Documents required: You will need to upload certain documents while registering yourself on the CSC portal, including your educational certificates, identity proof, and address proof.
- Training: Once you complete the registration process, you will need to undergo a mandatory training program organized by the CSC Academy. The training program will equip you with the necessary skills and knowledge to run a CSC.
- Location: You need to identify a suitable location for your CSC, preferably in a rural or remote area where digital services are not readily available.
- Infrastructure: You need to set up the infrastructure required to run a CSC, including computers, printers, scanners, and high-speed internet connectivity.
- Investment: You need to make an initial investment to set up the infrastructure required to run a CSC. The investment required may vary depending on the location and services offered.
- Services: You need to identify the services you want to offer through your CSC! such as banking, insurance, government services, and digital literacy.
- Approval: Once you have completed the above steps, your application will be reviewed by the concerned authorities! and if approved, you will be granted permission to operate a CSC.
How to Start CSC at Low Investment
Starting a Common Service Center (CSC) at low investment can be challenging, but it is not impossible. Here are some steps How to Start Common Service Center at Low Investment:
- Identify a suitable location: Identify a location where there is a need for digital services and where the demand for CSC services is high. It can be a rural or remote area where people do not have access to digital services.
- Rent a small space: You can rent a small space or a shop to set up your CSC. It will help you save money on infrastructure and equipment.
- Partner with existing businesses: You can partner with existing businesses! such as cyber cafes or mobile phone shops to offer CSC services. It will help you save money on infrastructure and equipment.
- Get low-cost equipment: You can buy low-cost equipment such as refurbished computers, printers, and scanners. You can also look for second-hand equipment in the market.
- Use open-source software: You can use open-source software for your CSC services such as Ubuntu, LibreOffice, and GIMP. It will help you save money on software licensing fees.
- Offer select services: You can offer select services such as banking, insurance, and government services. It will help you save money on training and certification fees.
- Apply for government subsidies: You can apply for government subsidies such as the CSC SPV’s subsidy scheme. It provides a subsidy of up to 50% of the total cost of setting up a CSC.
- Partner with NGOs: You can partner with NGOs working in the area to offer CSC services. It will help you save money on marketing and outreach.